Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Wow! What a busy weekend that was, and it went by so fast!
So for Memorial Day weekend Johnny, Skippy, Doug and I took a long road trip and drove to South Carolina to visit our buddy Scotty. Let me tell you that drive sucks but I pretty much slept the whole way there. We decided to leave Friday evening around 6, Doug drove the whole way there and I am not sure why. When we got there Saturday Morning around 9 we went straight to the beach. We met up with a few of Scottys friends Christine and John at their beach house and walked to the beach from there. Once we got on the beach we walked for miles and miles to a restaurant. All the way there Doug and I picked up every sea shell we could find that was pretty and not broken, and drew in the sand just for fun.
After lunch we decided to walk back to where we came from and then stop to rest on the beach while some of us swam in the ocean for a while.
Oh yeah and let me tell everyone I could have killed Doug at this point. You see while we was at the restaurant I told Doug before you get in the ocean be sure to take your ring off so you don't lose it. He tells me its so tight on my hand it wont come off, I said yeah but when you get in the water it will loosen up and come off. Well guess what he didn't listen, got in the water and lost it in the ocean. I was so upset and he new I was upset and he was to but tried to make me feel better and brought up and put it as now we have left a piece of our marriage in South Carolina and we can come back here and remember it. I was still upset and he knew it and asked why and I said cause I was married to you in that ring it means alot to me. He says yes but for our 5 year marriage you asked me for a new ring with a bigger center diamond and etc and when I do that, it wont be the same ring I married you in. I looked at him and said you are right and it made me feel a little bit better. After we left the beach we had plans to go to dinner. But Doug cant stand not having his wedding ring on his finger so we got directions from Scotty and drove to the mall to find a new one. When we got there they had only 4 jewelry stores. When went to the first 3 and nothing that resembles the ring we had or anything that we liked, so we went to the last store and this was a store we have never heard of Ocean Jewelers and right there in front of our eyes was a ring almost exactly like the one we had before, and it happen to be 50% off not that it matters, we was going to buy it no matter what. After we left the mall we headed back to Scottys and walked to meet Johnny and Scotty at Kings Street for dinner and to watch the UFC Fights. Now Scotty said this restaurant was right up the road but it was blocks away so we decided to take our time and spend our evening together. Oh yeah Skippy was passed out at Scottys Drunk. On our way to the restaurant we saw some pretty swans swimming in the pond that's behind Scotty Condo so I of course had to take pics
As I was doing that they came right up to me, I guess they thought I was gonna feed them. Right after dinner I was so wiped out that I wanted to go back to Scottys and go to bed. Doug didn't disagree as he had now been up for over 40 hours straight from driving all the way there. The Next morning we got up met up with Scotty Girlfriend Maddie we all went to lunch with her and then over to one of her friends house on a farm where they were bbqing and partying the night away. We stayed a few hours, ate lunch then headed back to Scottys. Doug and Johnny decided to take naps and Skippy wanted to go to the gay bar so Scotty took Skippy to the bar and I watched TV. Once Scotty got back Johnny and Scotty went over to his house he just bought to put the grill together while Doug was still sleeping after about an hour Doug woke up and ask where is everyone so I told him. He gave them a call and as he did that they were already on there way back. Once they got back we left and headed to play Miniature Putt Putt.
Skip showed up with another gay guy so we split up into 2 teams and play 2 different courses. After we finished all that we decided it was time for dinner. Skip headed back to the bar and we would pick him up afterwards. After the night was over we went home and all went to bed. The next morning Doug and Scotty was going to get up and go Hog hunting but they didn't get to go so Doug and I ran up the road and bought souvenirs and then back to Scottys so we could leave to go have lunch & boating. Lunch let me say was the best food I had all week. After lunch we ended up on this boat that was huge, we sailed pretty far out and then anchored for about 3 hours. Alot of us the ones that live in Illinois, yeah we all got burnt. After the 3 hours out there we sailed back in and was headed back for home, but of course had to stop at Cooters for 1 beer. Now we are finally headed for home to shower up and then head to dinner. Dinner was the best seafood I have had in a long time and let me say it was the biggest buffet I have every seen. After dinner we was going to head to the boardwalk but I was so wiped out from the sun and everyone else at to much food that we decided to head back to the house to just relax. And I thought it was a good idea since we was leaving to drive back at wee hours in the morning. Tues morning Doug is waking me up telling me its time to go. Vacation over and 14 hour drive home.

OK so for next year we already decided our trip plans since Doug and I don't want to bowl ABCs anymore, especially if its in Reno, NV. But our trip is as planned. If we are pregnant or have a baby before then, we are headed back to South Carolina, and if not we are all going to Costa Rica. If we end up back at South Carolina we will take the baby there with us and have our first family vacation together. Then the following year we can all go to Costa Rica and leave the baby at home with the parents.

1 comment:

trappfamilyoffive said...

Jealous. That looked like a great vacation. :)