Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

So our Memorial Day Weekend didn't exactly go as planned.

Friday night I went out with the girls (a much needed girls night it had been over a year since this has happen) Amanda met at my house around 5 met the kids that she had not seen yet and they are 16 months old, that's how long its been. We got ready around 6 and then headed out the door around 645 to be at Zappatas for dinner at 7.

Amy and Ken met us there around 730. By then Amanda and I already finished half of our first Margarita. We enjoyed our dinner and then headed over to Wild Country.

The night was going good, we was dancing and drinking. Then the shots started flowing and after a few to many everyone was getting hungry again so around 230 am we decided lets go to Denny's. As we was leaving somehow Amy missed the concrete step as she was stepping down and she fell, but when she did her chin hit the step and she busted it open. I immediately put pressure to it and just knew it needed stitches so her and Ken went to the hospital and the next thing I know Amanda left with some guy she met at WC so I went home alone.

The plan was that all 3 of them was going to stay at my house but its a good thing they didn't. I got home around 3 am and fell right asleep.

Around 330 am Bryce woke up screaming his head off. Doug got up with him and they went at it up and down all night long till around 6 am when he woke up screaming again to the point my drunk ass heard him so I got up to check out what was going on and realized Bryce was having trouble breathing, so I thought it was best to take him to Children's Hospital and it turned out to be a great idea.
When we got there they knew right away it was serious and took him straight back to his room and put oxygen on him, his levels were in the low 80's. Then he received 3 breathing treatments over the next few hours now the levels were up to high 80's. He also was swapped for viruses and had an Xray done to check his lungs. Both of those came back negative so they were clueless on what was wrong with him. At this point, they thought it would be best to admit him.
We was admitted to the PICU put in our own room since they didn't know what Bryce had and he was put on isolation (Gowns, masks and gloves). Days go by and they monitor him, give him treatments and he was kept on oxygen. By day 2 the doctor said in order for him to go home he has to be off oxygen 24 hours, so lets take it off and monitor how he does. Before they took him off his oxygen levels were running 92-95

Bryce was doing great, a normal kid again that wanted to play and run.

That night Kristi and the family BBQ so they brought Doug and I up a plate. It was so delicious.

This whole weekend that we was in the hospital with Bryce the MIL and SIL kept Lilly and I missed her so much. Saturday our plan was to go to a graduation party but since that was not happening Lilly got to ride in the car with them to the party. I don't allow this for many reasons so to say I was a nervous wreck was a understatement. But they went to the party and made it home safe. But trust me that wont be happening again unless something like this happens again. Sorry Sue but I just don't want my kids in the car with anyone but Doug and I. I know you told Doug that you will be extra safe, and its not You I am worried about. Its the other people out there. If someone would hit you and Lilly were to get hurt and I wasn't there by her side  I would be very pissed off. So that's why I don't allow my kids in your car or anyone elses.

By Monday the doctors and nurses all conversed and did there review on him and decided that he was well enough to go home. They did never figure out what he had but they think it was a Viral bronchiotits Lung Infection and don't believe he has asthma like me.
We headed home.

When we got home we took Bryce to see grandma and grandpa and Aunt Sue. Showed mom the new instructions on Bryce and then headed home to eat and relax. We were so wore out from no sleep at the hospital (being woke up every hour) that I decided to take Tues off and then also that way I could keep and eye on Bryce for one more day.
Good thing I did cause he pediatrician wanted to see him for a follow up.
There he got a good report and his oxygen levels were back to 100%

So a 3 day weekend of BBQ and parties turned into being a weekend in the hospital.

No comments: