Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 18, 2013

Gallbladder Surgery

So for about 4 years now I have been having problems with my gallbladder.
Before I got pregnant I went to the doctor about it and nothing was ever done.
Then I got pregnant and while pregnant Lilly always laid and sat on my gallbladder, so guess what it caused me more problems.

After the kids were born my issues went away, until about early November when I started having pressure and pain problems again. So off to the doctor I go again.
I explain my problems and says I still think its your gallbladder, so lets order blood work and a ultrasound and go from there.

The blood work comes back perfectly fine, but guess what the u/s shows? Inflamed gallbladder with tons of gallstones. Now I am being referred to the surgeon.

So now its early December and the receptionist at my doctors office is calling me to tell me she set me up at appointment for surgery to remove the gallbladder on Dec 15th. Do what I don't want to do this right before Christmas and then be laid up and miss my kids 1st Christmas I will call them and reschedule but thank you.

I call the surgeons office and explain to her that I would like to reschedule my surgery for after Christmas so I don't miss my kids 1st Christmas and she understands completely and changes it to Dec 27th. Sounds great to me, plus this helps me so I don't miss as much work with the vacations holiday days off.

Dec 26th rolls around and I was waiting for the surgeons office to call to remind me not to eat after midnight etc etc. And no call so I decide to call them, mainly just so I knew what time they wanted me there. This is where I get frustrated!

When I call the receptionist is like surgery? Yeah and I explained her the situation and and she says whats your name let me look toy up. Here you are, you are not scheduled for surgery, this is for a consultation, you are not a established patient yet so we need to see you first. Say what I was told this is for surgery and repeat to here then why did my doctors office tell me it was for surgery on the 15th and I dint like that day so I called you guys back to reschedule and your receptionist so OK we will move the surgery to the 27th. I wanted to get it done before the new year so I don't pay a deductible etc. She apologizes and says see you tomorrow.

Dec 27th and I show for my appointment (Still frustrated) and was looked over told what was going to happen with the surgery and then the doctors says I would like to get this done right away before this gets worse can we do this Dec 31st? I am like what really? Heck yeah sounds great I wanted to get it done before the new year. I know what you are all thinking really you did this on New Years Eve? This is a party night! I really did care as we didn't have nothing planned this year anyway!

Dec 31st rolls around and we head to the hospital at 6 am, check in and was taken back to post surgery room to insert IV etc. I am like lets go, lets get this over with. We get to the room and the nurse inserts the IV and bam does that shit hurt, and normally never bothers me. In the meantime of it hurting she is taking blood from the IV so the IV needle is moving around and hurting me more. Then something happen, not sure what she did wrong and blood goes all her the floor, running down my fingers. Really lady!
Finally she is done and now she starting fidgeting around trying to find tape to finally tape the needle in my hand down and I am like please so it will stop moving and hurting. And the whole time I am like this hurts with you moving it so much, can you pleas hurry and stop moving it. At one point I did say I have never had one hurt, let alone had one movie it around so much like you have and she looks at me and says it hurts, really? And I was like yeah alot.

After she was complete they sent Doug in to sit with me till I was ready to go. He was there 10 minutes and I was like this IV really hurts bad and explain to him what happen. He told me to hit the nurse cal button and tell her that you want it replaced somewhere else that it hurts. I wait since it was only 10 minutes hoping maybe the pain would go away but nope 10 more Min's later and the pain is getting worse so I cant take anymore and hit the cal button. The first nurse that took me to my room said OK lets see whats going on.
First she pulls it out a little, I let out a moan yep no still hurts, OK lets push it in farther. Nope hurts even more. Shes like OK if you don't mind being stuck then I will move it. I was like lady this IV hurts and nope being stuck doesn't bother me at all, shit I was stuck over 100 times to conceive my twins this is a breeze, plus needles don't hurt or bother me so lets get this sucker moved.
She moves the IV from my hand to my underarm at elbow level. Good to go and no pain!

About 10 Min's later I am sent to the surgery and Doug to the waiting room. We got to the room and I know it wasn't 2 Min's and I was out cold. They don't play games there.

From what I was told everything went great except the anesthesiology made me sick and nauseated so they had to put a Dramamine patch behind my ear.
Off to home we go, yep don't remember this either and I don't remember the night or ringing in the new year.
The next thing I do remember is waking the next day and heading back to Doug's parents for a New Years Crab Leg Lunch! I was drugged and groggy but in no pain, but I was having one problem and that was seeing things. I never said anything to Doug, until the point I couldn't take anymore.
He started laughing and was like OOPS!
Whats so funny and what do you mean OOPS?
He proceeds to tell me that after my surgery I was sick so they put a patch on behind my ear to make me feel better and that he was to take it off when we got home and me settled. And they told him that if he forgot, that I would remind him when I woke up because I would see blurry. Guess what, they were right. My darling husband forgot and I couldn't see shit. I was freaking out, now they took my sight. Thanks Hunny!

Days go by and mainly all I did was sleep, thank you to my MIL for keeping the kids so I could sleep this surgery off, not that I could take care of them anyway since I couldn't live Bryce caused he is so big.

After around 5 days I was feeling better but still had another week and half off till I saw the doctor again. So I did alot of relaxing and a little shopping.

Jan 14th and its post surgery check up and everything check out good and I am released back to full duty and I can now hold my kids again! Thank you! I missed holding my babies!

I did go back to my primary doctor on the 15th though as I am still having problems and a few more x rays and tests ordered but cant seem to find the problem so they thing its just my bowels trying to restart and catch back up. We will see how it goes.


This is the bruise from where the first nurse insert the IV that hurt so bad.



Here is my 4 battle wounds from my surgery. Small and not painful at all.

And my stomach is still swollen from the gas the inserted.


No comments: