Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

IVF Udate

This was on a previous post.

Well today was my first appointment. I sat down and had a consultation with Dr. Keller and she tells me I am definitely an IVF Candidate and "lets get the ball rolling". She asked me tons of medical history questions and then proceeds to tell me what we will be doing and what needs to be done. First we are starting off with me a 2 hour fasting glucose test and blood work. And Doug will do his semen analysis. Then we will schedule our orientation to learn how everything works and how to administer all the drugs. Then my next cycle we will begin the shots and then after 8 weeks of my shots it will be retrieval day then 5 days later we hope to have a baby to be put back in. Fingers Crossed!

But after attending orientation yesterday, I learned what I wrote previously was not correct information (Its colored in Red). I think I got confused previously.

After ending my orientation yesterday here is the correct information. I learned that I will start my next cycle. After I start my cycle I will start taking a shot of one med for approx 8 days to stop my cycles. Then I will take another shot 1 time to stimulated my ovaries and 1 more shot for a few days. Then I am done for a few days, because I go in for retrieval day of my eggs. This day I start my progesterone shot and this is the shot that I take for 58 days straight. After 3 to 5 days I go back in and we do the embryo transfer. At this point you are already considered pregnant and if I understood Dr Odem yesterday you are basically already 2 weeks pregnant. Don't ask me, because I am also confused. At this point I just need to carry that baby(s). Then I will go back in 2 weeks for a blood work pregnancy test they said urine ones are no good.

Also for my blood work that came back that my IVF Doctor didn't like.
Wed afternoon I went to my primary Doctor. He basically tells me that this is nothing to worry about and dont lose sleep over it. He sees this all the time and basically the number is not that high it happens in 1 in 1000 people a week, its just at the point to aggravated him and I. Why its aggravating is because now he has to do another blood test to find out if the new one is high and if it is then more blood work to come to find out where its high at. Kidneys, liver, intestines or my bone. He also thinks it may because of my PCOS. But we will know the results Mon and go from there. If this test comes back clean then I am good to go on with my IVF right now I have to wait to be on the safe side. But thank God we are finding out now and I wont have to wait another month, because I haven't started my cycle this month yet, but he better hurry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...I hope they can get it figured out so this cycle isn't wasted. If I am thinking correctly, you are considered 2 weeks pregnant at the time of your transfer because the eggs are fertilized already...so someone who ovulates on their own is (normally) 2 weeks into their cycle at the time of ovulation and 4 weeks when a home test works.

Brandi Buehrer said...

Erin that makes sense now, thank you for claryfying that up for me.