Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Training in Virginia for my Job


All Site Admins

MaRhonda & I

Lisa & Tia



Last Night Together @ TGI Fridays














Famous Daves
Lisa enjoying those Ribs!
She didnt know I was taking this picture, I caught her off gaurd!


Previous Boss Gena & Lisa




















All the Site Admins





So all of you know I am a Site Administrator that works for VSE Corp. We have several sites all over the world. And our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA. But Here at this site in Hamel, IL we restore military equipment. My job is to maintain all the paperwork, and get parts or items ordered needed to get the jobs done, plus tons of other office duties. But ever year around March all the site Admins all fly into Virginia and we have a meeting and learn new training. This year was fun, this is how my trip to Virginia went:

Flew out Monday afternoon and landing in Virginia at 6 pm. The hotel driver (Glenn) picked me up and remembered me from the year before we chated all the way to the hotel where as soon as we was pulling in my boss Lisa was calling. Lisa was calling to find out where I was to invite me to dinner. I advised her I was in the parking lot and would be inside in just a minute. When I got inside Lisa and 4 other Admins where sitting there on the couched getting ready to head to dinner but said they would wait for me. I checked into the hotel, ran upstairs to my room and headed back down stairs to meet the ladys. So this year is a little diffrent then last year that I was there. Last year I had a diffrent boss and she lives in Virginia. And last year when I went there was only 1 other admin and the rest were site managers. None of us had a rental car so we had to take the shuttle to dinner and the shuttle only went so far or to certain places. But this year I have a new boss Lisa and she is from San Antonio, TX and she rented a car. Having a car this year was nice. So back to the story we all loaded into the van and started searching for somewhere to eat. Well we ended up at TGI Fridays. The food was very good but the service was terrible. We all finished up and headed back to the hotel when Lisa says do you mind if we stop at walmart I need to get a few items for the meeting tomorrow. So we stopped at walmart all of us had to but something. I of course bought me my Mt Dew. I cant live without a Mt Dew each morning especially since it was my second week of no smoking. So after walmart back at the hotel we are, all heading to the elevator when this Lady stops me and asked me how the restraunt was? Lisa and I both said Food was great Serviced sucked. I was thinking to myself shes was staying at the hotel and was looking for somewhere to eat for dinner, but NO she was the GM and was with the owner of the Company and shewas learning how things were from out of town people. After she learned how our experience was she invites us back for another night of dinner on her. We all said thanks you and went on our way. Lisa invited us all up for some wine she bought, but I declined I went to my room and hoped on my computer and watch TV. Then off to bed. The next morning was breakfast then off to work. There we trained all day. Tue night Lisa and most of the others decided to stay in, so Lisa gave me the keys to the van so 2 other admins and myself met our old boss at Ruby Tuesdays. It was a long night of talking. Wed morning back at work and more training. Wed night we was invited to Famous Daves, when we got there, tons of people was there and munching away on food. We all sat down and joined in. Thur Morning back at work for one last day. Thur night we decided to go back to TGI Fridays we all met up there for one last meal together. It was a very nice night. We finished our dinners, took pics of ach other and then hugged each other good bye and said see you next year. Michelle and I decided before we got to dinner that it was our last night there so we was going to take the train and go site seeing and do some shoping. Well dinner ended up running later than we thought and good thing it did. The stop where Michellle and I was supposed to get off at, The pentagon City stop. At this stop there was a shooting where some guy shot at two cops gaurding the Pentagon. I guess the lord was looking out for us that night. So since it was late and the stores where all closed we decided to just hang out in Michelles room and just chat. But Elaina another Admin and I decided we wanted some wine so Lisa gave me the keys and we ran to Target. Back to Michelles room we went and Lisa ended up meeting us there later in the night. We ended up chatting to 1 in the morning, everyone started to get tired and decided to go to bed. I on the other hand wanted to stay up all night because I set my flight to fly me home at 7 am so I could get home early and sleep all day till hubby goto home from work. Well that didnt happen, I got to my room packed up my suitcase and decided I was getting tired it was now 3 am and I knew I had to be down stairs to catch the shuttle at 5 to catch my flight at 7. I set the alarm and off to sleep I went. I swear it seemed like it was 20 minutes but the alarms goes off and I get up grab my belongings and head downstairs. There I check out and sitting the lobby watching TV till the shuttle guy is ready for me. I get to the airport, check in, drop off my baggage and go to security. There the security was super tight for the day, because of the shotting the night before. It ended up taking me over and hour to get through and the guy that was in front of me, he held me up even longer cause they had to search him and his bags. Then they ended up searching everyone in that party. Im not sure what was worng, but I had a feeling they was introuble and up to something. Well finally I got thru and headed to my gate when I spoted a dunkin donuts, I was thinking sweet Im hungry . I ended up with a donut and a coffee. I finished it just in time the plane was loading and I couldnt be happier all I wanted to do was get home and see my hubby or at least call him. I couldnt even call him just yet cause it was 6:50 am and normal he is up that time to go to work but I am an hour ahead of him so it was only 5:50 and I didnt want to wake him. So I loaded the plane and it was so empty I ended up with no one sitting next to me. Sweet I pulled out my travel pillow, laid the seat back and legs spread all over the other seat and went to sleep, I slept all the way till we was about to land and the stourist woke me and said raise your seat please. I was so tired at that point I was kinda angry for him waking me, but then again I realized that we was almost home. Well we landed I was shuttled to my car. I loaded it and called my man we talked as I was driving the gas station to get gas cause on my way to the airport my light came on. Well I got my gas and headed home. When I got there I left everything in the car went in and went right to sleep. I slept till hubby got home. Wow that was a long tiring trip and now we get to do it 4 times a year now and not 1 per the CEO.

No comments: