Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Doctors Update

So a few post back I said that I was being released from my fertility doctor on July 29th, and that I had my new OB appointment set up with a doctor a friend referred me to for the 12th of August. Well I went to the appointment and ended up being there all day. I got there at 10 was immediately called back the nurse took a pee sample, took weight and blood pressure and then send me to my room. There she asked me a few standard medical history questions and said the doctor will be in after her other ultrasound and in the mean time can a student doctor come in and talk to me. Sure why not!

Well a few minutes later here she comes and starts asking me questions and let me say, some of the dumbest questions I have ever been asked also some that made me mad because its like she didn't trust what I was telling her. Here are just a few she asked me: She had in my records that my last cycle was June 12th, I said no it was May 26th and that June 12th was my transfer date. She says to me and your sure? I say yes I'm positive. Then she says well that changes things you are now 11w1d I said yes and that your due date is March 3rd. No its March 1 and she said over and over NO. She didn't understand that you have to go over retrieval date. Then she said well what did you do a transfer for? At this point I am like are you kidding me? I said because I have PCOS and I had to do IVF to get pregnant there was no other option. She said again are you sure you have PCOS? Yes lady I am positive, well how do you know for sure? Because I had a laboroscopy/hysteroscopy done. Then here's another funny one, she asked me so you are having twins? Yes well how do you already know that? Wow because I have had several ultrasounds the last few months. Then she has a fit cause I am on aspirin that Dr. Keller told me to take till the new Dr. takes me off. Neither the student or Dr. Stephens knew why I was taking it and wanted me to stop right away. Plus many more questions that I cant remember at this time. At this point I am already fed up with this student and want her out of my room. Bring in the Doctor and lets get this going.

Finally Doctor Stephens comes in and goes through her list of dumb questions and tells me when I will be there for my ultrasounds and that they want to do this and this. Then lays the bed back and decides she wants to check me and basically shoves her arm up my cooch. OUCH! Then proceeds to not tell me whats next and pins my arm over my head and does a mammogram. After she was done they decided to do the ultrasound, and this was the quickest ultrasound I have ever had. The student doctor was going to use the cooch wand but the doctor said just use the handle one so she did and she placed it on my stomach said yep there is Baby A and Baby B OK you are done wipe off and meet me out in the check out area. And at your next appointment we should be able to hear the heartbeats. I said why not now when I already heard them at the fertility doctor? No response. What? Are you kidding me I didn't even get to see my babies let alone hear the heartbeats or get pictures. I am so mad and so uncomfortable at this point. I was asked stupid questions, questioned over my answers then I didn't get to see or hear the babies. I should be enjoying this pregnancy and I am not.

After I left that place I had to go down stairs and fight and deal with the Lab for blood work and this place was just as bad as the doctors office. I didn't leave there till 1. What a long day!

So I went home and told Doug what all happen and that I was not comfortable at that place but was willing to give them one more shot and see what happens and he was so mad he said that hell you are. Monday morning we are calling canceling all appointment and you are going to the family doctor that all the females have delivered at. So I wont be delivering at Barnes anymore, we are now at St. Johns with Dr. Shaner my first appointment is Next Tuesday the 23rd. I will let everyone know how it goes.

1 comment:

jenn said...

oh gosh! i am so sorry you had such a bad experience!
i had a similar experience with a med student at dr kellers (asking dumb quiestions....the one i really remember was that he asked me "why are you here to see the dr?"...um DUH, I AM AT A FERTILITY CLINIC...WHY DO YOU THINK I AM HERE!).
i am sad you saw dr. s...shes the one at that practice that i dislike the most...all the others are super sweet!!!!
again, sorry, i feel responsible!
hope things go better at the new dr!