Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

IVF Update

I know I'm sorry I am neglecting the blog, but I am back on it now!

First off let me say I didn't get to do IVF this past cycle like we had hoped and planned for. Right before we was to start all the meds for IVF, I got a call from the Doctors nurse saying that Doug's insurance (my secondary insurance) has a mandate on it and that I have to do 3 IUI cycles before I can proceed with IVF. I explained to her that I basically have done this before and that I am resistant to the drug that is given (clomid) and I wont ovulate on it and then the IUI will fail. She says well we cant get around it. So I call my the insurance company and ask is there anything else that we can do, so we don't have to do 3 IUI's? They tell me yes, your Doctor can write us a letter explaining that IUI's wont work for you and why, we will review it and if we think OK shes right then you can skip IUI's and go straight to IVF. Well I ended up calling the nurse back and telling her that. She says well let me talk to Dr. Keller and see what she says. She calls me back later that day and says No Dr. Keller doesn't see why I cant do an IUI cycle it wont hurt me to try at least one and if I don't ovulate on the first one she will then write the letter. At this point I am upset and just about to dropped Doug's insurance all together especially cause its my secondary anyway. I spoke to the billing department about that and she tells me, I'm not sure I would do that. I said why? And she tells me that once I use up my $35,000 that my insurance is going to pay, I still have Doug's insurance that will pay everything as many times as I wont after I reach a $500.00 deductible. So after hearing this we decided to keep his insurance in case we need extra rounds of IVF done.

So I start my 5 days of clomid pills and then test with these very expensive digital tests to test to see if I ovulate everyday for 23 days. After my 23 days no surge means no ovulation. I call the nurse and let her know and she calls me a blood drawn in for progesterone on Tuesday. I go in on Wednesday and by Friday Dr. Keller read the results. The results from the blood work also read no ovulation and that IUI's are not going to work for me. But no one calls and tells me this information so I called yesterday and of course like always left a message with the secretary for Nurse Amy to please call me back with my results. Later that day Amy did call and of course I was on the phone and never heard her beep in and missed it, but she left me a long message explaining what happen and that Dr. Keller decided to write the letter and that she was in the process of sending it off now to be reviewed by my insurance and now it was all a waiting game. We should know some results in 3 days, but I'm sure that the insurance will approve it and we will get to start IVF this next cycle, which happens to be in the next 2 weeks. I am supposed to call her back on Friday if she doesn't call me with insurance news. If I dont start my cycle by then, which we are both sure I wont because I normally dont without meds then she will put me on meds again to start and we then can proceed with my shots for IVF and hopefully be pregnant by this May/June.

As I am writing this I just got a message from my Cousin Kristi that says she had a dream last night that I went over to her house to tell her I was pregnant. And that she hopes it comes true soon! Well I hope you are right Kristi and I cant wait till you have a bundle of Joy yourself and they can grow up together and we can do things as a family. Love Ya!

More updates soon when I hear back from the Nurse on Friday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO crappy that the insurance made you go through the clomid cycle even though you know it doesn't work for you. I hope the side effects weren't too bad from it. I hope you are able to proceed this next cycle!

trappfamilyoffive said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough go. Fingers crossed that things start to proceed more smoothly. :)

jenn said...

arent insurance hoops fun to jump through!?!?!? but at least you have insurance that will pay for IVF....some of us arent that lucky! ;-)