Bryce Birth Announcement

Lilly Birth announcement

Happy Birthday Tanner

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Renewal of Vows in Las Vegas, Nevada

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Doug and Brandi Married April 18, 2008

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update From Dougs Truck Accident

This is the Following email we got from the guy Doug hit:



Hey Doug,

Just giving you an update on my car.

Got a surprise call today that really fried me at first but hopefully it's going to turn out OK.

They have not started fixing it yet as I thought was happening. Instead State Farm called today and they are totaling it ... but giving me the option to buy it back and get it fixed and keep it ... with a salvage title, which is OK because if I keep it I will drive it until it's not worth much anyway.

They gave it a blue book value of $6,050, which my insurance agent says is fair.

The cost to fix it all is $5,900 ... can't remember if I told you but windshield was cracked and there was bent upper engine frame piece and side panels and bumper that all needed replacing. HAVE A BIGGER TRUCK LOL!

They are going to charge me a $1,100 buyback fee so if I want it back I would get $4,950 -- $6,050 minus $1,100.

Gates Auto Body is going to cut out some cosmetic stuff like paint blending and they said they will be able to hopefully get close to $4,950.

As great as the car has been and as much as I've babied it, I don't think I could get anything that I have more confidence in getting a lot more good miles out of for $6,050 so I'm pretty certain I'm going to end up keeping it and getting it fixed. If I have to pay a couple or few hundred dollars I'll have a good running car with lots of new parts.

I am going to kill you for making me drive around in this rental/loaner though! Sue and I call it the Kia Shitbox -- it's a Kia Rio and man is it a little shitbox. No power door locks or windows and a little 4-cylinder engine that about dies when ya step on it. It is too funny!

For what it's worth, your insurance people have been pretty good ... just slow in making the decision to total it. But it all looks like it will work out.

Riggs



Can you believe that, Doug actually totaled the car! Hope it all works out for you Riggs and you visit us again soon! Next time we will find you a safe parking spot! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crap that didn't look totaled!