Normally days like this are not that important to me, but this day was. You see my husband is a bowler, used to be a Professional Bowler but retired from that. Every year on dates like this one he tends to bowl good, I know you are saying its all in our heads but its true. on 8-8-88 he bowled a 300/800 and on 7-7-07 he bowled a 300/800 and now last night before we left for bowling league Doug told his parents, sister and I he was going to shoot 300/800.
Well as I was finishing up my second game I look over and Doug has the from 11 strikes. I stand up to get a better look and bam Doug shoots 300. I run down there as everyone is congratulating him and give him a kiss and tell him great job. After realizing it was his second game I had to see what the first game was and he shot a 267 that game so all he needed now for a 800 is 233, that's easy enough. I head back down to my pair and now I am pumped, Doug and I like to compete against each other and I tend to beat him more then he beats me, even though I knew I didn't stand a chance this day. But anyway so I head back down to my pair and start striking away. I shot pretty decent, finished up my bowling and headed down to see what he was doing. He finished with a 209 and fell short of his 800 but was pretty close. Now its my turn!
Another memory for the books.
Congrats Doug!
July 2026 Book Review
17 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment